Jaguar XE 2-litre diesel bookings open in India
Jaguar launched the XE sedan last year in India to take on the likes of the BMW 3 Series and the Mercedes Benz C-Class. The Jaguar XE is available in three variants - Pure at Rs 39.9 lakh, Prestige at Rs 43.69 lakh and Portfolio Rs 47.99 lakh (ex-Mumbai). Presently, the XE sedan is offered only with the 2.0-litre petrol motor. However, the company will soon be launching the diesel version of the XE. Jaguar dealerships all across the country have already started taking bookings for the sedan for a token amount of Rs 5 lakh.
Jaguar has also confirmed that it will be launching the XE diesel by the end of this month. We believe Jaguar will use the same 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel engine that does duty in the XF sedan. This 2.0-litre diesel motor comes in two states of tune - 180PS/430Nm and 240PS/340Nm. We believe Jaguar will also offer both of these options on the XE diesel to cater to a wider audience. Both the motors are offered with an 8-speed automatic transmission as standard. The petrol Jaguar XE comes equipped with a 2.0-litre motor that puts out 200PS and 320Nm of torque.
The Jaguar XE has not been one of the most popular choices compared to the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class due to its premium positioning. The diesel model of the XE can play an instrumental role in increasing the appeal of this baby Jaguar in India.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled