Jaguar XE facelift launched in India at Rs 44.98 lakh
The Jaguar XE is the British luxury automobile manufacturer's answer to the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Audi A4 and the BMW 3 Series. Jaguar has launched the updated XE at Rs 44.98 lakh ex-showroom for the base petrol and diesel models.
In terms of design, the Jaguar engineers have worked on the design of the XE to make it look sharper and also wider at the same time giving the sedan an aggressive design. The company's flagship offerings such as the F-Type and the I-Pace seem to have given the inspiration for this updated. The alloy wheel design has been changed and so have the bumper designs for the front and the rear, for that sportiness in the overall design. The alloy wheels that you see in these images are not a part of the standard equipment in the models sold in India. However, it can be ordered as an accessory option at the dealerships.
The overall silhouette of the sedan remains unchanged. It is the cabin of the XE facelift that receives more prominent changes in the form of a digital instrument screen that shows navigation and the larger 12.3-inch unit for the infotainment. The quality of plastics too have been updated to make it feel more premium than before. Since this update is a mid-life tweak, the dimensions remain unchanged.
The Jaguar XE facelift continues to be offered with the Ingenium range of 2-litre engines both in petrol and diesel. The petrol engine makes 200PS between 4,500-6,000rpm and generates 320Nm of torque between 1,200-4,500rpm whereas the Portfolio is offered with a more powerful 250PS/365Nm state of tune. The diesel unit churns out 180PS at 4,000rpm and 430Nm of torque between 1,750-2,500rpm. Both these engines are BS VI compliant, much before the emission norms come into effect in April 2020.
The new Jaguar XE pricing (ex-showroom India) is as follows:
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Olectra Greentech contributes to the PM CARES fund in the fight against Coronavirus pandemic
- NewsHonda Car India revamps its line-up with BSVI transition
- NewsIndia car sales analysis: March 2020
- NewsF1 2020 shutdown could be extended by several weeks
- NewsMotoGP: Andrea Iannone gets 18-month ban for failing drug test
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055