Jaguar XE L unveiled ahead of launch in China
Jaguar has unveiled the 2018 Jaguar XE L sedan ahead of its launch in China. The 2018 Jaguar XE L is a long-wheelbase version of the XE sedan. The 2018 XE L was revealed on the Jaguar China website, ahead of a possible launch for the Chinese market in November. The Jaguar XE L is aimed at this particular market as there is a larger preference for chauffeur-driven luxury cars in China. The 2018 Jaguar XE L sits below XF L and XJ L models in Jaguar's line-up for China. The wheelbase of the Jaguar XE L has been stretched by 100mm to 2,935mm that will increase the cabin space, especially for the rear passengers. There are no other changes on the exterior design, and the Jaguar XE L will retain the same mechanicals as the standard length version of the Jaguar XE which is also sold in India at Rs 35.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) onwards.
In China, the 2018 Jaguar XE L will compete with the Audi A4 L, BMW 3 Li and Mercedes-Benz C-Class L and Volvo S60 L, all of which it is longer than. The Jaguar XE L will be manufactured in China under the Chery Jaguar Land Rover joint venture. In all other aspects the XE L is mechanically identical to the standard Jaguar XE sedan and is likely to be powered by the same 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. However, exact details of the equipment and change in specification will be revealed when it is launched.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 online bookings commence in India, launch in June 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!