Jaguar XE Prestige variant launched at Rs 43.69 lakh in India
Jaguar has launched a Prestige variant of the XE sedan at Rs 43.69 lakh (ex-Mumba) in India. The XE Prestige sits between the Pure (Rs 39.9 lakh) and the Portfolio (Rs 47.99 lakh) variants. It comes equipped with a sunroof, Taurus leather seats with driver seat memory, ambient lights, 380W Meridian sound system and a rear-view camera. The Prestige variant shares many of these features with the Portfolio trim. It will be on sale across 23 authorised retail outlets in India.
In terms of mechanicals, the Jaguar XE Prestige retains the 2.0-litre petrol motor that makes 200PS and 320Nm of torque. This motor comes mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission which is standard across all the three variants. We have already tested the Jaguar XE and felt that the engine has a refined response and is barely audible at lower engine speeds. The throttle response is sharp, and the engine has a very punchy midrange that builds strongly above 2,000rpm. You can read about it in our first drive review. In addition, we have also compared the XE with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class to find out if the new Jag stands tall against its German rival in India.
Commenting on the new launch, Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL), said, "The all-new Jaguar XE is a distinctive combination of Jaguar's cutting-edge innovation, technology and design. With the introduction of the Jaguar XE, we have entered a new market segment and made Jaguar more accessible to our customers while maintaining the premium and aspirational equity of the brand. This luxury sport saloon has been setting benchmarks in the industry since its launch, and with the introduction of the Prestige derivative, we are confident of its continued popularity and success."
The Jaguar XE competes with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the BMW 3 Series in India. It should be noted that the XE line-up only has petrol variants, whereas the other two offer both petrol and diesel variants in India.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000