Jaguar XE production starts at JLR's Solihull factory
Jaguar Land Rover's manufacturing facility in Solihull has begun production of the new India-bound Jaguar XE. The entry-level premium saloon is Jaguar's bid to take on the entry level cars from the German trio of Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi.
The commencement of production of a Jaguar model is a significant milestone since the Solihull plant used to only produce Land Rover vehicles. The Solihull plant is designated as the plant where JLR's new models will roll off the assembly line. The much anticipated Jaguar F-Pace will also be produced at this plant.
Jaguar will launch the new XE at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The initial units will be CBUs though we can expect a CKD assembly at a later date. The Jaguar XE will sport a range of engine options including the new. There are two transmissions on offer. a six-speed and an eight-speed . It is believed that the India spec car will get the eight-speed transmission.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show