Jaguar XE SV project 8 sets new record at the Nurburgring
Jaguar's SVO or Special Vehicles Operations developed XE SV Project 8 has set a new record at the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany. The car set a new lap record for production-intent prototype record lap for the Nurburgring, setting a time of 7min 21.23sec. The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 smashed the previous cars record, lapping 11 seconds quicker than the previous record holder. The car was driven by racing driver Vincent Radermecker.
The Jaguar Project 8 is powered by a 600PS, 5-litre, supercharged V8engine and was set up in track mode by SVO's engineers. What this does is lowers the Project 8's continuously variable dampers by 15mm, in comparison to the standard settings. The adjustable carbon fibre front splitter and rear wing are also positioned in a manner that generates maximum downforce- 122kg at 299kmph . The car was running on production spec Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.
The Jaguar Project 8 will be available to order as a four-seat sedan. Customers can also spec the car with two carbon fibre seats and four-point harnesses as part of the Track Pack. Both versions feature advanced aerodynamics and electronic systems and adjustable suspension which can be configured in Track Mode.
Speaking about the Project 8, SVO Director Mark Stanton said that the design and engineering team's mission was to create the most track-focused road-legal Jaguar in history not only the fastest, but also the most agile.
Production has been limited to 300 units globally, with deliveries set to commence from 2018 onwards.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775