Jaguar XE SV project 8 sets new record at the Nurburgring
Jaguar's SVO or Special Vehicles Operations developed XE SV Project 8 has set a new record at the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany. The car set a new lap record for production-intent prototype record lap for the Nurburgring, setting a time of 7min 21.23sec. The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 smashed the previous cars record, lapping 11 seconds quicker than the previous record holder. The car was driven by racing driver Vincent Radermecker.
The Jaguar Project 8 is powered by a 600PS, 5-litre, supercharged V8engine and was set up in track mode by SVO's engineers. What this does is lowers the Project 8's continuously variable dampers by 15mm, in comparison to the standard settings. The adjustable carbon fibre front splitter and rear wing are also positioned in a manner that generates maximum downforce- 122kg at 299kmph . The car was running on production spec Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres.
The Jaguar Project 8 will be available to order as a four-seat sedan. Customers can also spec the car with two carbon fibre seats and four-point harnesses as part of the Track Pack. Both versions feature advanced aerodynamics and electronic systems and adjustable suspension which can be configured in Track Mode.
Speaking about the Project 8, SVO Director Mark Stanton said that the design and engineering team's mission was to create the most track-focused road-legal Jaguar in history - not only the fastest, but also the most agile.
Production has been limited to 300 units globally, with deliveries set to commence from 2018 onwards.
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV