Jaguar XE to be launched in India on February 3
Jaguar have announced that the all-new XE will be launched in India on February 3, 2016. Jaguar showrooms have also started accepting bookings for the XE compact luxury sedan. The booking amount is Rs 5 lakh. Once launched, the Jaguar XE will rival the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Jaguar will assemble the XE in India at its Pune plant.
Globally, the Jaguar XE is available with a range of 2-litre petrol and diesel engines in two states of tune. In India, the XE will be offered with the petrol engine in two states of tune-200PS and 240.63PS. Jaguar is also expected to offer the XE only with an 8-speed automatic. Globally, Jaguar also offers the option of a six-speed manual.
Rohit Suri, president, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd, said: "The all-new Jaguar XE displays levels of innovation never seen before in this segment. Coming from an impeccable lineage of extraordinary Jaguar sports saloons, we are confident that XE's thrilling performance and dynamic design will set a new standard for excellence and will be a game changer in the segment. The launch of the XE in petrol in February this year will flag-off our journey to enter into a new territory and mark a significant milestone in the expansion of Jaguar's product offering in India."
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Jaguar XE, click here
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018