Jaguar XE to be launched in India on February 3
Jaguar have announced that the all-new XE will be launched in India on February 3, 2016. Jaguar showrooms have also started accepting bookings for the XE compact luxury sedan. The booking amount is Rs 5 lakh. Once launched, the Jaguar XE will rival the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60 and the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Jaguar will assemble the XE in India at its Pune plant.
Globally, the Jaguar XE is available with a range of 2-litre petrol and diesel engines in two states of tune. In India, the XE will be offered with the petrol engine in two states of tune-200PS and 240.63PS. Jaguar is also expected to offer the XE only with an 8-speed automatic. Globally, Jaguar also offers the option of a six-speed manual.
Rohit Suri, president, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd, said: "The all-new Jaguar XE displays levels of innovation never seen before in this segment. Coming from an impeccable lineage of extraordinary Jaguar sports saloons, we are confident that XE's thrilling performance and dynamic design will set a new standard for excellence and will be a game changer in the segment. The launch of the XE in petrol in February this year will flag-off our journey to enter into a new territory and mark a significant milestone in the expansion of Jaguar's product offering in India."
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Jaguar XE, click here
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show