Jawa Motorcycles to unveil new model for India on November 15
Mahindra's Classic Legends, which has the rights to the Jawa Motorcycles brand will reveal the new Jawa model next month. According to the company's latest social media post, they will reveal the motorcycle on November 15. The new Jawa engine was revealed only yesterday. It is a 293cc liquid-cooled FI motor with a four-valve DOHC valvetrain, that outputs 27PS and 28Nm. Classic Legends chief Ashish Joshi had told OVERDRIVE that the engine has a flat torque curve and will prove ultra-reliable. The company believes these two elements are crucial for the new motorcycle to speak to the blend of classic and sporty traits that characterised the Jawas of old.
This, then, should also be telling of the design the upcoming Jawa motorcycle will adhere to. It should be sport retro-themed styling with a smooth, fluid body as the Jawa-Yezdi motorcycles from the 1960s and 70s. Even the casing of the engine and the rounded shape of the head fins harkens back to the old Jawa 250 A type's engine.
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp