Jawa Motorcycles to unveil new model for India on November 15
Mahindra's Classic Legends, which has the rights to the Jawa Motorcycles brand will reveal the new Jawa model next month. According to the company's latest social media post, they will reveal the motorcycle on November 15. The new Jawa engine was revealed only yesterday. It is a 293cc liquid-cooled FI motor with a four-valve DOHC valvetrain, that outputs 27PS and 28Nm. Classic Legends chief Ashish Joshi had told OVERDRIVE that the engine has a flat torque curve and will prove ultra-reliable. The company believes these two elements are crucial for the new motorcycle to speak to the blend of classic and sporty traits that characterised the Jawas of old.
This, then, should also be telling of the design the upcoming Jawa motorcycle will adhere to. It should be sport retro-themed styling with a smooth, fluid body as the Jawa-Yezdi motorcycles from the 1960s and 70s. Even the casing of the engine and the rounded shape of the head fins harkens back to the old Jawa 250 A type's engine.
Also Watch:- Jawa Jawa and Forty-Two | First Ride Review Video
Starts Rs 1,64,000
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy