Jawa Motorcycles to unveil new model for India on November 15
Mahindra's Classic Legends, which has the rights to the Jawa Motorcycles brand will reveal the new Jawa model next month. According to the company's latest social media post, they will reveal the motorcycle on November 15. The new Jawa engine was revealed only yesterday. It is a 293cc liquid-cooled FI motor with a four-valve DOHC valvetrain, that outputs 27PS and 28Nm. Classic Legends chief Ashish Joshi had told OVERDRIVE that the engine has a flat torque curve and will prove ultra-reliable. The company believes these two elements are crucial for the new motorcycle to speak to the blend of classic and sporty traits that characterised the Jawas of old.
This, then, should also be telling of the design the upcoming Jawa motorcycle will adhere to. It should be sport retro-themed styling with a smooth, fluid body as the Jawa-Yezdi motorcycles from the 1960s and 70s. Even the casing of the engine and the rounded shape of the head fins harkens back to the old Jawa 250 A type's engine.
Starts Rs 1,64,000
- News2019 BMW S 1000 RR image gallery
- Review2019 BMW S 1000 RR first ride review
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch