Jeep 551 rendered prior to reveal in Sao Paolo
A speculative rendering of the Jeep 551 (also goes by the name, C-SUV) has showed up on internet, ahead of its launch at the 2016 Sao Paolo Motor Show. The Jeep 551 is going to be one of the most important launches for the company as it plans to replace the Jeep Compass and Patriot, serving as their second-gen model. It will also be manufactured in India at the Fiat plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra, sometime in 2017.
The render has been done by Quatro Rodas and is based on spy shots of the 551. Based on the render, it's easy to spot design cues heavily derived from the new Grand Cherokee. The headlights, grille and body lines are all downsized for the segment, making it look like a younger sibling to the Grand Cherokee.
The Jeep 551 or C-SUV will be based on the Fiat 500X and the Jeep Renegade's platform. Since it will be manufactured in India, expect a right-hand drive variant to also be on offer for similar markets. The 551 is expected to launch with two engine options a 2.0-litre Tigershark petrol producing 164PS and a 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel producing 170PS. The engines are likely to be mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic transmission. Expect the Jeep 551 to take on the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner when it launches.
Source: Quatro Rodas
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing