Jeep Compass diesel 4x2 receives a lion's share of Compass bookings in India
Jeep India has been on a roll since the launch of the Compass. Jeep's entry level SUV in the Indian market has garnered close to 10,000 bookings since its launch in July this year. Jeep India retails the Compass through it 50 dealerships across 47 cities. The number of dealerships is expected to go up to 60 by the end of the year.
The Jeep diesel 4x2 is offered in five trims with prices starting from Rs 15.45 lakh - Rs 18.75 lakh, ex-Delhi
A chunk of the Jeep Compass' bookings are for the 4x2 diesel. The new Jeep Compass 4x2 diesel is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine that is good for 173PS/350Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual. Jeep offers the Compass diesel 4x2 with dual airbags while the top-end 4x4 receives eight airbags. The SUV rolls out of Fiat's Ranjangaon plant and has a high level of localisation that has enabled the manufacturer to price it very competitively. The company has also started double shifts to enable to make up for the pending demand for the SUV. Currently the waiting period stretches to around three months. Prices for the Jeep Compass start at Rs 14.95 lakh and go all the way to Rs 19.95 lakh, ex-Delhi. These though are expected to increase in a few days once the cess for luxury vehicles is increased
Jeep also offers the Compass with a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that makes 162PS/250Nm. The Compass petrol comes with a choice of a 6-speed manual as well as a 7-speed dual clutch automatic. The 4x4 is offered solely with the diesel.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts