Jeep compass line-up updated with BSVI engines - price hike up to Rs 1.1 lakh
Fiat Chrysler automobiles India announced the upgradation of Jeep Compass to BSVI across all variants, available in petrol and diesel. There are no changes in any of the current features in the Compass, however, the engine Start/Stop button along with cruise control is made standard in all petrol and diesel variants. The BSVI version of the Compass will have a price increase of Rs 25,000 to 1.1 lakh over the current model, starting from the base Sport trim to the top-end Limited plus.
Under the hood, the BSVI Jeep Compass gets a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine producing 173PS of power and 350Nm of torque, coupled with a 9-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive configuration. The petrol variant of the Compass gets a 1.4-litre engine producing 163PS of power and 250Nm of torque.
In terms of safety, features like Anti-lock braking system (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), traction control, hill start assist, electronic parking brake, frequency damped suspension and all four disc brakes come as standard across all variants in the Compass. The Limited Plus variant of the Compass will come with newly designed 18-inch alloys, with other trims running on 17-inch alloy wheels.
The bookings for the BSVI compliant Jeep Compass have commenced and local production of the BSVI compliant Jeep Compass has already begun in its Ranjangaon manufacturing facility. The SUV will compete with the likes of the BSVI Tata Harrier, Kia Seltos, MG Hector and the Hyundai Creta.
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- NewsInterview: Balbir Singh Dhillon, head of Audi India, on the Corona crisis, Strategy 2025, EVs and supercars
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055