Jeep Compass scores 5-star rating in Euro NCAP crash test
Europe's New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) has awarded the new Jeep Compass an impressive 5-star safety rating in its crash test. The Jeep Compass scored a good 90 per cent on adult occupant protection, 83 percent on child safety and 64 per cent on pedestrian safety. It also received a 59 per cent rating on safety assist. The model that was tested, was a European-spec left-hand drive Jeep Compass Limited with the 2.0-litre diesel engine and the 4x4 system which features eight airbags, autonomous emergency braking and a lane-assist system in addition to the usual systems like ABS, traction control and ESC. The India-spec car features six airbags, a panic brake assist and a hydraulic boost failure compensation system in addition to traction control, ESC and ABS. The panic brake assist system generates maximum brake pressure in case of it detects an emergency braking. With hydraulic boost failure compensation system, the brake controller runs the ABS pump every time you hit the brakes in case it detects a failure in the vacuum brake booster or related lines.
The Jeep Compass was launched in India at Rs 14.95 lakh, ex-Delhi. This puts it in contention with compact SUVs like the Hyundai Creta and even larger SUVs like the Tata Hexa and the Mahindra XUV500. The Jeep Compass is sold in three main trims -- Sport, Longitude and the top-spec Limited. Two engine options are available a 173PS/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo-diesel and a 162PS/250Nm 1.4-litre turbo-petrol. The diesel is offered with a 6-speed manual while the petrol can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT. The diesel is offered in 4x4 and 4x2 variants while the petrol will only get a 4x2 drivetrain.
Here's a video of the crash test:
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip