Jeep Compass SUV crosses sales milestone of 10,000 units in India
Jeep entered India with their premium range of SUVs but it is the Compass which gave them the necessary attention in the country. A design that is inspired by the iconic Grand Cherokee and features list that is usually seen in a segment higher, made the Jeep Compass an instant hit among many looking for a premium SUV in the sub-Rs 25 lakh range. And now has come the announcement of Jeep Compass SUV crossing the sales milestone of 10,000 units in India.
Jeep has achieved the important feat in four months of its launch in India. The company recently shipped 600 units, which is the first batch of the Jeep Compass to Japan and Australia in October this year and it is already on sale in Japan. The Jeep Compass is manufactured in the company's Ranjangaon facility. Jeep India retails the Compass through it 50 dealerships across 47 cities. The SUV has a high level of localisation that has enabled the manufacturer to price it very competitively. The company has also started double shifts to enable to make up for the pending demand for the SUV.
Jeep Compass 4x2 diesel is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine that is good for 173PS/350Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual. Jeep offers the Compass diesel 4x2 with dual airbags while the top-end 4x4 receives eight airbags. The Jeep Compass was also the winner of the comparo against the Hyundai Creta. We have also road tested the Jeep Compass petrol automatic which we believe would appeal to those looking for a SUV to chart the city primarily along with an occasional dash on the highway.
Last month, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) had issued a voluntary recall of the Compass SUV in India. The SUV was recalled due to faulty airbags that has loose fasteners. FCA plans to recall an estimated 1,200 Jeep Compass SUVs that were manufactured between the months of September and November 2017.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip