Jeep Compass to get a Black Pack edition in India, to be priced Rs 50,000 higher than the regular
The Jeep Compass SUV will soon get a Black Pack edition, an all-black version based on the regular Compass SUV. Batman, you listening? The Jeep Compass Black Pack edition will feature only visual updates while the mechanicals will be carried over from the regular Compass. This was confirmed in an interview by Kevin Flynn, MD FCA India to the Business Standard. While Jeep India has not sent any official communication regarding the same, it is being said that the Jeep Compass Black Pack edition will be priced Rs 40,000 to 50,000 more than the regular SUV and will be positioned as the premium variant above the Limited trim.
The Jeep Compass Black Pack edition is expected to come equipped with blackened wing mirrors, alloy wheels and roof.
The Black Pack edition is expected to come equipped with blackened wing mirrors, alloy wheels and roof. The interior too will get the same treatment in the form of black leather seats. trims and panels on the door and also the lower half of the dashboard. It is yet to be seen if the Black Pack edition of the Jeep Compass will be introduced for a limited period or will be offered along with the regular trims. We believe if will be the former as such editions help increase the appeal of the models, especially with the festive season which is about to start in the country.
Jeep India had already revealed its plans to introduce the Compass Trailhawk in the country later this year. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the hardcore variant of the Compass and comes with a serious upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show