Jeep Compass to underpin upcoming Fiat SUV
FIat is working on bringing a new-generation version of its once popular SUV, the Freemont. Why is it relevant to us? The upcoming Fiat Freemont SUV will be based on the recently launched Jeep Compass, states a report. The Italian automobile manufacturer's plans of bringing a global SUV were put on hold as other projects like the Argo hatchback and the upcoming X6 S sedan took priority. However, Fiat will be revisiting the Freemont SUV project by making it based on the all-new second-generation Jeep Compass.
The upcoming new gen Fiat Freemont SUV, we believe, will take its styling from the Torro pick-up truck sold in the international markets except for the US. Even the Fiat Torro pick-up shares its platform and other mechanical bits with the Jeep Compass. The cabin design and the features list might be similar to what we have already seen on the Jeep Compass. It is being said that the SUV will come equipped with 5-inch Uconnect infotainment system, 7-inch MID, reverse park assist and seven airbags
In terms of powertrain options, the new-gen Fiat Freemont SUV will use the same 138PS 1.8-litre petrol and the 170PS Multi-jet diesel engine options. It is being said the the smaller unit will be paired to a 6-speed automatic with FWD. The diesel, on the other hand, comes mated with a 6-Speed manual or 9-speed automatic with an option between front- and all-wheel drivetrains.
While the Jeep Compass based Fiat Freemont SUV will be launched in the international markets, the chances of the same coming to India is very slim.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh