Jeep Compass to underpin upcoming Fiat SUV
FIat is working on bringing a new-generation version of its once popular SUV, the Freemont. Why is it relevant to us? The upcoming Fiat Freemont SUV will be based on the recently launched Jeep Compass, states a report. The Italian automobile manufacturer's plans of bringing a global SUV were put on hold as other projects like the Argo hatchback and the upcoming X6 S sedan took priority. However, Fiat will be revisiting the Freemont SUV project by making it based on the all-new second-generation Jeep Compass.
The upcoming new gen Fiat Freemont SUV, we believe, will take its styling from the Torro pick-up truck sold in the international markets except for the US. Even the Fiat Torro pick-up shares its platform and other mechanical bits with the Jeep Compass. The cabin design and the features list might be similar to what we have already seen on the Jeep Compass. It is being said that the SUV will come equipped with 5-inch Uconnect infotainment system, 7-inch MID, reverse park assist and seven airbags
In terms of powertrain options, the new-gen Fiat Freemont SUV will use the same 138PS 1.8-litre petrol and the 170PS Multi-jet diesel engine options. It is being said the the smaller unit will be paired to a 6-speed automatic with FWD. The diesel, on the other hand, comes mated with a 6-Speed manual or 9-speed automatic with an option between front- and all-wheel drivetrains.
While the Jeep Compass based Fiat Freemont SUV will be launched in the international markets, the chances of the same coming to India is very slim.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip