Jeep Compass Trailhawk spotted testing in India ahead of early 2019 launch
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been spotted testing in India ahead of its expected launch in early 2019. The SUV's launch has been delayed from its earlier late 2018 launch, possibly to equip the motor to be BSVI compliant.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the hardcore variant of the Compass and comes with a major upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Besides this, the Compass Trailhawk also has revised front and rear bumpers, that offer shorter overhangs. All of this has resulted in improved approach and departure angles. The approach angle now stands at 30 degrees while the departure angle in 33.6 degrees. The breakover angle is 24.4 degrees.
Jeep® Compass Trailhawk
Visually, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk looks aggressive, thanks to the shorter bumper, gloss decal on the bonnet, blacked out roof, underbody skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels,red coloured recovery hooks and all-weather floor mats.
Expect Jeep to offer the Compass Trailhawk with just the 2-litre diesel from the standard Jeep Compass in India. Jeep will introduce a nine-speed automatic transmission as an option with the 2-litre diesel engine.
The Jeep Compass is a big success in the Indian market and has single handedly revived the fortunes of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the country. The Compass has impressed all with its combination of looks, build quality, engines, driveability and brand value. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk then, should offer more value to the Jeep customer.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 23 Jan 2019
Team OD | 21 Jan 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches V-Class in India at Rs 68.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz V-Class MPV India launch
- NewsTriumph Factory Custom Thruxton unveiled, will be a limited edition offering
- NewsSpec Comparo: Tata Harrier v Jeep Compass v Hyundai Creta v Mahindra XUV500 v Renault Captur
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani