Jeep Compass Trailhawk spotted testing in India ahead of early 2019 launch
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been spotted testing in India ahead of its expected launch in early 2019. The SUV's launch has been delayed from its earlier late 2018 launch, possibly to equip the motor to be BSVI compliant.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the hardcore variant of the Compass and comes with a major upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Besides this, the Compass Trailhawk also has revised front and rear bumpers, that offer shorter overhangs. All of this has resulted in improved approach and departure angles. The approach angle now stands at 30 degrees while the departure angle in 33.6 degrees. The breakover angle is 24.4 degrees.
Jeep® Compass Trailhawk
Visually, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk looks aggressive, thanks to the shorter bumper, gloss decal on the bonnet, blacked out roof, underbody skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels,red coloured recovery hooks and all-weather floor mats.
Expect Jeep to offer the Compass Trailhawk with just the 2-litre diesel from the standard Jeep Compass in India. Jeep will introduce a nine-speed automatic transmission as an option with the 2-litre diesel engine.
The Jeep Compass is a big success in the Indian market and has single handedly revived the fortunes of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the country. The Compass has impressed all with its combination of looks, build quality, engines, driveability and brand value. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk then, should offer more value to the Jeep customer.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh