Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV teased, July launch expected
After an extended wait, FCA India has released the first teaser for the upcoming top-spec Jeep Compass Trailhawk. This off-road focused version will sit at the top of the Compass range and is expected to be launched sometime in July. A formal unveiling should happen by June and prices are expected to be around Rs 30 lakh mark on road.
Jeep® Compass Trailhawk
comes with a major upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Besides this, the Compass Trailhawk also has revised front and rear bumpers, that offer shorter overhangs. All of this has resulted in improved approach and departure angles. The approach angle now stands at 30 degrees while the departure angle in 33.6 degrees. The breakover angle is 24.4 degrees.
Visually, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk looks aggressive, thanks to the shorter bumper, gloss decal on the bonnet, blacked out roof, underbody skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels,red coloured recovery hooks and all-weather floor mats.
Expect Jeep to offer the Compass Trailhawk with just the 2-litre diesel from the standard Jeep Compass in India. Jeep will finallyt introduce a nine-speed automatic transmission as an option with the diesel engine, which is now expected to be BSVI complaint.
The Jeep Compass is a big success in the Indian market and has single handedly revived the fortunes of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the country. The Compass has impressed all with its combination of looks, build quality, engines, driveability and brand value. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk then, should offer more value to the Jeep customer.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.69 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer 300/GSX-S300 in works, could be launched in India
- NewsToyota Glanza, rebadged Baleno, to launch in India by July 2019
- News2019 Triumph Speed Twin to be launched in India today
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip