Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
Who doesn't like SUVs? They have an imposing stance, can go places and are high on space. In fact, there are some of the key factors that have influenced many to buy SUVs in India. In addition to everything else, would you like an SUV that puts out 1,000PS+? Hennessey Performance didn't seem to wait for an approval but went ahead and made one based on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
Hennessey Performance offers a base upgrade wherein the HPE850 unit in the standard Trackhawk's supercharged 6.2-litre V8 produces 864PS/1,146Nm. These numbers are greater than the 717PS/874Nm of the standard offering. However, if these tweaked performance numbers don't impress you much, Hennessey Performance has got you covered. The HPE1000 performance package on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk makes a monstrous 1,027PS and generates 1,314Nm. Hennessey claims a that this one will touch 100kmph in 2.9s, instead of Trackhawk's 3.6s.
To make the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk go that fast, Hennessey Performance has equipped the SUV with a reworked exhaust, cold air intake, new high-flow fuel pump, performance-spec fuel injectors and a larger supercharger. Hennessey Performance hasn't announced pricing details for both the performance packages.
We at India can only hope for something like this to come to our country. Recently, actor Farhan Akhtar took delivery of a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee in India. The Grand Cherokee gets Jeep's latest Quadra-Trac 4WD system and A Select-Track five mode traction-control system - sport, auto, road and tow. The Grand Cherokee can tow loads up to 3,500kg, making it perfect for towing a trailer or a caravan.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car