Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
Who doesn't like SUVs? They have an imposing stance, can go places and are high on space. In fact, there are some of the key factors that have influenced many to buy SUVs in India. In addition to everything else, would you like an SUV that puts out 1,000PS+? Hennessey Performance didn't seem to wait for an approval but went ahead and made one based on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
Hennessey Performance offers a base upgrade wherein the HPE850 unit in the standard Trackhawk's supercharged 6.2-litre V8 produces 864PS/1,146Nm. These numbers are greater than the 717PS/874Nm of the standard offering. However, if these tweaked performance numbers don't impress you much, Hennessey Performance has got you covered. The HPE1000 performance package on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk makes a monstrous 1,027PS and generates 1,314Nm. Hennessey claims a that this one will touch 100kmph in 2.9s, instead of Trackhawk's 3.6s.
To make the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk go that fast, Hennessey Performance has equipped the SUV with a reworked exhaust, cold air intake, new high-flow fuel pump, performance-spec fuel injectors and a larger supercharger. Hennessey Performance hasn't announced pricing details for both the performance packages.
We at India can only hope for something like this to come to our country. Recently, actor Farhan Akhtar took delivery of a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee in India. The Grand Cherokee gets Jeep's latest Quadra-Trac 4WD system and A Select-Track five mode traction-control system - sport, auto, road and tow. The Grand Cherokee can tow loads up to 3,500kg, making it perfect for towing a trailer or a caravan.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055