Jeep India website goes live
There is finally a ray of hope for all of us who have been waiting for the Wrangler to arrive in India. Jeep India's own website has just gone live. But don't get too excited just yet. The website does not yet feature any specific models or prices or even specifications. For now, there's just a small glimpse of the history of the brand and images of the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler Unlimited.
We already know that the Jeep range will be displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo in Delhi in February. This could also mean that a launch of the brand in the country is just around the corner. The models that will first make it here are the Grand Cherokee and the Wranglers. We have already driven both the cars in 2013 and came back impressed with the Wrangler especially (Read our review of the Jeep Wrangler and the Jeep Grand Cherokee). There have been no updates to the lineup since then and this means the models that arrive in India are very likely to be of the same spec that we drove back then.
Looking back, there were strong rumours of the brand arriving here ahead of the last Auto Expo, but thank to the financial crunch that Fiat-Chrysler went into around the same time, that plan was postponed. It seems that the time has finally come for the launch, especially since we've been spotting test cars running around Indian roads of late. We've got our fingers crossed.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea