Jeep launches Cherokees Overland version in the UK
Jeep has unveiled an Overland version of the Cherokee 4x4 SUV in UK. The car sports a Euro VI compliant 2.2-litre Multi Jet II 200 horsepower turbo diesel engine mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. Two trims namely Activ Drive I and Activ Drive II are on offer with the later getting more ground clearance, stiffer suspension and a low speed transfer case for overall better off road ability. Jeep claims that the SUV does a 0-100kph run in 8.5s and tops out at 204kph.
The additional new features include a polished bright front grille, new body coloured door cladding, new 18" polished bright aluminium wheels, HID bi-xenon headlamps and an Overland badge on the tailgate. It comes in four colour options- Deep Cherry Red, Bright White, Brilliant Black and Billet Silver.
The top of the line SUV is loaded with powered Nappa leather ventilated and heated driver and front passenger seats with four way lumbar adjustment, memory driver's seat and mirrors, a new steering wheel with wood insert, anodized silver bezels and vent surrounds. The upholstery in done in Nappa leather and comes in a choice of Morroco Black or Pearl colour with an Overland logo stitched on the front seats. Centre console consists of an 8.4" Uconnect touchscreen display with Bluetooth and GPS navigation. It also has a panoramic sunroof, power tailgate and front and rear reverse assist system to complete the equipment list.
Jeep had earlier announced during the Indian Auto Expo that it will enter the Indian market by mid 2016 and we might expect to get the Cherokee Overland somewhere down the lane.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000