Jeep may be developing a sub-Renegade model for emerging markets
Jeep is reportedly working on a new model that is expected to slot below the Jeep Renegade. The model could, in all likelihood, be a sub-4 metre offering and will be developed for emerging markets, including India.
Last year, Jeep's chief, Michael Manley had hinted that a sub-Renegade model could turn out to be a viable segment for the company.
There are other reports that state that Jeep may use the Fiat Panda's platform to develop its new SUV or develop an entirely new crossover.
As far as India is concerned, a compact Jeep SUV will make a lot of sense, especially since FCA is attempting to increase its market share. If Jeep India does develop such an SUV, it will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Ford Ecosport and the new Tata Nexon.
Jeep India entered the market with two premium models, the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee. The steep pricing, however, led to a lukewarm response to both models. Earlier this year, Jeep launched the new Compass and the model has received a good response so far. In fact, the company has received close to 10,000 bookings since the Compass' launch in July, this year.
The sub-4 metre SUV market in India is another lucrative segment with big volumes, if the sales of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is a benchmark to go by. A similar sized SUV by Jeep could give the company a chance to gain additional foothold in the Indian market as well as other developing markets such as Brazil. Stay tuned for more details.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300