Jeep Patriot replacement spied, to be revealed in March 2016
Jeep is working on a replacement for the Patriot and Compass SUVs. This model, being developed under the project name Jeep 551, will be showcased at the 2016 New York International Auto Show in March.
The test mule, under heavy camouflage, reveals very little about the design but we believe that the Jeep 551 will take design inspiration from the Grand Cherokee. The compact crossover will feature a front profile layout that is similar to the brand's bigger SUVs. It will get the iconic grille with vertical slats and sleek wraparound headlights with projectors. To the side, the arched wheel arches with dark alloys will make it look unique. The rear of the Jeep 551 gets a spoiler and a compact tail door.
The Jeep 551 will be based on the Renegade platform and should be powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines. The drivetrain options will include a front-wheel as well as an all-wheel drive option. The Jeep 551 will be manufactured at the Fiat's Ranjangaon plant and will be exported globally.
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018