Jeep Patriot replacement spied, to be revealed in March 2016
Jeep is working on a replacement for the Patriot and Compass SUVs. This model, being developed under the project name Jeep 551, will be showcased at the 2016 New York International Auto Show in March.
The test mule, under heavy camouflage, reveals very little about the design but we believe that the Jeep 551 will take design inspiration from the Grand Cherokee. The compact crossover will feature a front profile layout that is similar to the brand's bigger SUVs. It will get the iconic grille with vertical slats and sleek wraparound headlights with projectors. To the side, the arched wheel arches with dark alloys will make it look unique. The rear of the Jeep 551 gets a spoiler and a compact tail door.
The Jeep 551 will be based on the Renegade platform and should be powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines. The drivetrain options will include a front-wheel as well as an all-wheel drive option. The Jeep 551 will be manufactured at the Fiat's Ranjangaon plant and will be exported globally.
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip