Jeep Patriot replacement spied, to be revealed in March 2016
Jeep is working on a replacement for the Patriot and Compass SUVs. This model, being developed under the project name Jeep 551, will be showcased at the 2016 New York International Auto Show in March.
The test mule, under heavy camouflage, reveals very little about the design but we believe that the Jeep 551 will take design inspiration from the Grand Cherokee. The compact crossover will feature a front profile layout that is similar to the brand's bigger SUVs. It will get the iconic grille with vertical slats and sleek wraparound headlights with projectors. To the side, the arched wheel arches with dark alloys will make it look unique. The rear of the Jeep 551 gets a spoiler and a compact tail door.
The Jeep 551 will be based on the Renegade platform and should be powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines. The drivetrain options will include a front-wheel as well as an all-wheel drive option. The Jeep 551 will be manufactured at the Fiat's Ranjangaon plant and will be exported globally.
- NewsSkoda Enyaq iV electric SUV revealed in design sketches ahead of September 1 reveal
- OpinionThackeray approaches Gadkari, he saves 400-year-old tree on the highway
- NewsTata Altroz, Harrier, Nexon and Tiago prices hiked, Tigor more affordable
- NewsUpcoming MG Gloster SUV teased ahead of launch, to get advanced driver aids
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh