Leaked: India-bound 2015 Jeep Renegade, to debut in Geneva
The design of the Renegade is boxy and features the characteristic Jeep seven slot bar grille and round headlamps
Jeep will be debuting the Renegade at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. The Renegade is based on the Fiat 500X Crossover and is expected to go in to production by 2015. The design of the Renegade is boxy and features the characteristic Jeep seven slot bar grille and round headlamps at the front.
There are alloy wheels and roof rails with Trailhawk logo positioned just under the windscreen pillar. The rear gets square lights and a small spoiler at the top of the tailgate. See full image gallery below.
Details are far and few at the moment, but globally the car is expected to get 0.9-litre TwinAir Turbo, a 1.4-litre MultiAir Turbo and a 1.6-liter MultiJet turbodiesel engine options, says worldcarfans.com.
In India, however, it can come with the existing 1.4-litre Fire and T-jet petrol and 1.3-litre Multijet turbodiesel engines.
The Renegade is expected to have a 4x4 system with switchable driving modes.
According to truthaboutcars.com, the transmission options will most likely be six-speed manual and 9-speed automatic. The Renegade is expected to have a 4x4 system with switchable driving modes.
Internationally the Renegade will be up against the Nissan Juke and Kia Soul. The global pricing and details will be revealed after the mini-SUV's Geneva debut.
2015 Jeep Renegade image gallery
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review