Jeep to launch the Compass Trailhawk in India later this year
Jeep India has revealed plans to introduce the Compass Trailhawk in the country, later this year. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the hardcore variant of the Compass and comes with a serious upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Jeep® Compass Trailhawk
Besides this, the Compass Trailhawk also has revised front and rear bumpers, that offer shorter overhangs. All of this has resulted in improved approach and departure angles. The approach angle now stands at 30 degrees while the departure angle in 33.6 degrees. The breakover angle is 24.4 degrees.
Visually, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk looks aggressive, thanks to the shorter bumper, gloss decal on the bonnet, blacked out roof, underbody skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels,red coloured recovery hooks and all-weather floor mats.
Expect Jeep to offer the Compass Trailhawk with the same, 2-litre diesel and 1.4-litre petrol motors that power the standard Jeep Compass in India. There's also a possibility of Jeep introducing a nine-speed automatic transmission as an option with the 2-litre diesel engine.
The Jeep Compass is a big success in the Indian market and has single handedly revived the fortunes of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the country. The Compass has impressed all with its combination of looks, build quality, engines, driveability and brand value. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk then, should offer more value to the Jeep customer. Stay tuned to know the launch date and price.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show