Jeep to launch the Compass Trailhawk in India later this year
Jeep India has revealed plans to introduce the Compass Trailhawk in the country, later this year. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk is the hardcore variant of the Compass and comes with a serious upgrade in kit for serious off-roading. The Compass Trailhawk comes with Jeep's active drive low-range 4WD system as well as a new Rock Mode for its Selec-Drive system. In addition to this, the Compass Trailhawk has 20mm more ground clearance than the standard Compass.
Jeep® Compass Trailhawk
Besides this, the Compass Trailhawk also has revised front and rear bumpers, that offer shorter overhangs. All of this has resulted in improved approach and departure angles. The approach angle now stands at 30 degrees while the departure angle in 33.6 degrees. The breakover angle is 24.4 degrees.
Visually, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk looks aggressive, thanks to the shorter bumper, gloss decal on the bonnet, blacked out roof, underbody skid plates, dual-tone alloy wheels,red coloured recovery hooks and all-weather floor mats.
Expect Jeep to offer the Compass Trailhawk with the same, 2-litre diesel and 1.4-litre petrol motors that power the standard Jeep Compass in India. There's also a possibility of Jeep introducing a nine-speed automatic transmission as an option with the 2-litre diesel engine.
The Jeep Compass is a big success in the Indian market and has single handedly revived the fortunes of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) in the country. The Compass has impressed all with its combination of looks, build quality, engines, driveability and brand value. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk then, should offer more value to the Jeep customer. Stay tuned to know the launch date and price.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki in India and abroad, Suzuki to get Toyota's engine tech
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing