Jehan Daruvala set for second season in the FIA European F3 championship in 2018
Jehan Daruvala will continue in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship for a second season. The Indian driver has signed on with Carlin for the 2018 season of the championship.
Daruvala, who scored his maiden podium in Formula 3 in 2017, will return to the championship in 2018 with Carlin
Jehan's decision to continue in the FIA F3 Championship comes on the the back of a highly successful debut season in Formula 3, that saw him claim his first victory in the championship at Norisring. Jehan's achievement makes him the first Indian to win a race in the series. In addition, he managed to qualify on pole and also earn other podiums in the championship. He has the distinction of being the only racer in the 2017 season to complete all 30 races, finishing 25 of those in the points.
In the rookie category, Jehan managed a total of 26 podiums, finishing runner up in the rookie championship. He also ended the 2017 season with the highest rookie podium percentage in the history of the Rookie Classification of the FIA F3 European Championship.
"It has been a fantastic year racing with Carlin. Everyone in the team is very committed to achieving the best possible results. I am happy to be working with them once again and look forward to a successful year." said Jehan of his decision to continue in F3 with Carlin in 2018.
Meanwhile, racing director Trevor Carlin added, "It's great news that Jehan remains for us in FIA Formula Three next season he's been a fantastic addition to the team this year and his results as a rookie have been impressive. He's already a race winner in the series and no doubt has the ability to add more wins and pole positions to his achievements over the course of 2018."
The 2018 season kicks off in May at the street circuit of Pau, in France. The thirty race FIA Formula 3 European Championship, will be spread across ten rounds, in eight different countries across Europe.
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers