Jehan Daruvala to make GP3 series debut in Abu Dhabi
Jehan Daruvala, who last year became the first Indian to win a race in the FIA F3 European Championship will race in the GP3 series with Dutch team, MP Motorsports, this coming season. He will make his debut in GP3 this weekend at Abu Dhabi. This event will be held as a support race to F1.
The Mumbai-born racer began his career in India by winning the JK Tyre National Karting Title in the Micro Max category. He then went onto win the CIK FIA Asia Pacific KF3 Championship and the British Superone Karting Championship. He moved on to win the Malaysian Junior Yamaha Title before progressing to single-seater competition in 2015, finishing fifth in the 2015 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC series and second in the 2016 Toyota Racing Series 2016.
Jehan has raced in the European F3 series since 2017. Daruvala will partner Dutchman Richard Verschoor and Canadian Devlin Defrancesco in Abu Dhabi.
Daruvala commented on this by saying that after his 2017 test, it will be good for him to gain some more GP3 experience ahead of the 2019 season.
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru