Jerome Vanlalrengpuia wins 2018 Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup in India
Jerome Vanlalrengpuia has won the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup 2018 in India. This gives him a ticket to represent India at the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Qualifiers in Spain next month. The second and final round of the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup in the country was organised at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore this past Sunday. It was close fight between Jerome and fellow Mizoram rider PC Andy Lalhmangaihsanga, who were tied at the top of the points table at 32 points apiece after the two rounds.
Jerome Vanlalrengpuia won Race 1 of the final round and also recorded the fastest qualifying timing, earning him the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup 2018
Jerome took Race 1 on Saturday, while PC Andy won Race 2 on Sunday and tied the former for points. But Jerome was awarded the win based on his fastest qualifying times in the two rounds. It was Zothanmawia from Mizoram who had won both races of Round 1 earlier. However, he was unable to participate in the final round after facing an injury during an accident in practice.
PC Andy Lalhmangaihsanga won Race 2 and had tied Jerome (2nd on podium) for total points at the end of the round. However, Jerome won the championship owing to better qualifying times.
This was the third edition of the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup in the country. Racing enthusiasts aged from 12 to 16 years are selected through such competitions in various countries to participate in the international Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup 2018.
Jerome will now represent India at the Red Bull Rookies Cup Qualifiers 2018 in Spain next month
The Rookies Cup had received 300 entries of which 22 were riders shortlisted for the concurrently-run Suzuki Gixxer Cup, and 8 were selected for the Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup. The competition focuses on bringing young riders to an international arena, from where various racers including past Moto2 and Moto3 World Champions have also emerged.
Starts Rs 77,015
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review