JK Tyre appoints Rajiv Prasad as president of India operations
JK Tyre & Industries Ltd, tyre major and leaders of radial tyres in India, has announced the appointment of Rajiv Prasad as its president of India operations. Prasad brings with him a rich experience of managing large businesses for nearly 30 years. He is a veteran in leading and mentoring diverse teams across geographies, the company stated. Welcoming Prasad, Raghupati Singhania, chairman and managing director, JK Tyre said, "I am sure that Mr Prasad will provide adept leadership and lead JK Tyre on a new growth trajectory."
A part of the JK Organisation, JK Tyre & Industries is among the top 25 manufacturers in the world, with a wide range of products catering to diverse business segments in the auto industry. It has presence in 100 countries across six continents, with 12 production plants - nine of which are in India and three in Mexico. Its total production capacity is 35 million tyres per annum. In April 2016, JK Tyre had acquired Cavendish India Ltd from Birla Tyres. The acquisition helped the tyre major foray into the two/three-wheeler segment.
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion