JK Tyre appoints Rajiv Prasad as president of India operations
JK Tyre & Industries Ltd, tyre major and leaders of radial tyres in India, has announced the appointment of Rajiv Prasad as its president of India operations. Prasad brings with him a rich experience of managing large businesses for nearly 30 years. He is a veteran in leading and mentoring diverse teams across geographies, the company stated. Welcoming Prasad, Raghupati Singhania, chairman and managing director, JK Tyre said, "I am sure that Mr Prasad will provide adept leadership and lead JK Tyre on a new growth trajectory."
A part of the JK Organisation, JK Tyre & Industries is among the top 25 manufacturers in the world, with a wide range of products catering to diverse business segments in the auto industry. It has presence in 100 countries across six continents, with 12 production plants - nine of which are in India and three in Mexico. Its total production capacity is 35 million tyres per annum. In April 2016, JK Tyre had acquired Cavendish India Ltd from Birla Tyres. The acquisition helped the tyre major foray into the two/three-wheeler segment.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Omni to be phased out by mid-2019
- News2019 Mahindra XUV300 SUV to launch in India on February 14
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GSA ADV to be launched in India on January 18
- NewsMahindra Electric launches NEMO Life mobile app for EVs
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani