JK Tyre's Raghupati Singhania honoured by Mexican government
The CMD of JK Tyre and Industries, Dr Raghupati Singhania, has been awarded the highest honour accorded to non-nationals by the government of Mexico. Singhania was awarded the 'Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle' by Melba Pría, ambassador of Mexico to India on behalf of the president of Mexico. This presentation took place on the eve of Mexico's 128th National Day. Singhania received this award for his leadership skills, his services towards humanity and his efforts to strengthen bilateral ties between India and Mexico.
JK Tyre has a strong presence in Mexico. The company acquired Tornel, the only surviving Mexican tyre manufacturer, in 2008 and helped turn the company around. Within a year of the acquisition, the enterprise had improved efficiencies and increased market share across product segments. Over the years, production capacity has been expanded, and Tornel's global footprint has grown in North American and the Latin American markets.
With the help of the Mexican government, the company recently implemented the first-ever labour restructuring programme in Mexico when it rightsized JK Tornel's workforce.
Speaking on this occasion, Singhania said he was honoured with the recognition. It has been a privilege for him to have played a role in creating interest among Indian businesses in investing in Mexico. He was happy in the way the government of Mexico has given a boost to business by welcoming foreign investment with open arms. He said it is a reflection of the Mexican Government's helpful attitude towards industry, something that is worth looking up to for other countries too.
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like