John McGuinness to ride for Norton at Isle of Man TT 2018
John McGuinness, 23-time Isle of Man TT winner, has signed with Norton for the 2018 edition of the event. The Morecambe Missile will compete in the Superbike and Senior TT races, riding for the Norton factory team, where he will partner Josh Brookes. Both riders will compete astride Norton SG7 motorcycles, which are derived from Norton's flagship V4 RR road bike.
McGuinness' last superbike TT win was at the 2015 Senior TT, a race in which he broke the lap record at the Snaeffell Mountain course, going 132.701mph. He missed the 2017 IOMTT after sustaining injuries in the North West 200 last year.
Over the course of a very long career in road racing, McGuinness has contested in 18 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races, in a period from 1996 to 2000 and 2002 to 2016. His first TT win was in the 1999 Lightweight 250 TT class, and as earlier mentioned, his last win was the 2015 Senior TT. In addition to his 23 TT wins, McGuinness has also got a total of 45 TT podiums to his name.
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300