John McGuinness to ride for Norton at Isle of Man TT 2018
John McGuinness, 23-time Isle of Man TT winner, has signed with Norton for the 2018 edition of the event. The Morecambe Missile will compete in the Superbike and Senior TT races, riding for the Norton factory team, where he will partner Josh Brookes. Both riders will compete astride Norton SG7 motorcycles, which are derived from Norton's flagship V4 RR road bike.
McGuinness' last superbike TT win was at the 2015 Senior TT, a race in which he broke the lap record at the Snaeffell Mountain course, going 132.701mph. He missed the 2017 IOMTT after sustaining injuries in the North West 200 last year.
Over the course of a very long career in road racing, McGuinness has contested in 18 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy races, in a period from 1996 to 2000 and 2002 to 2016. His first TT win was in the 1999 Lightweight 250 TT class, and as earlier mentioned, his last win was the 2015 Senior TT. In addition to his 23 TT wins, McGuinness has also got a total of 45 TT podiums to his name.
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India