Kaher Kazem to be new GM India president and MD
General Motors has announced that Kaher Kazem, COO, General Motors India will take over as the president and MD from January 1, 2016 as Arvind Saxena, who holds that position currently, retires.
GM executive VP and GM International president, Stefan Jacoby said, "Kaher's proven track record will enable us to deliver to Indian consumers the great vehicles they want and the world-class customer experience they deserve."
Kazem began his GM career with Holden in Australia in 1995 and was the president and MD of GM Uzbekistan before his Indian posting earlier in 2015.
|Kaher Kazem to lead GM India Arvind Saxena retiring from Jan 1, 2016 New Delhi, India: General Motors announced today that Kaher Kazem, chief operating officer (COO) of GM India, has been appointed president and managing director of GM India, effective January 1, 2016. "With Kaher's hands-on experience and direct knowledge of the business, we are pleased to appoint him to lead GM India at this important time," said GM Executive Vice President and GM International President Stefan Jacoby. "GM is committed to India for the long term. Kaher's proven track record will enable us to deliver to Indian consumers the great vehicles they want and the world-class customer experience they deserve." Kazem joined GM Holden in Australia in 1995 as a senior engineer. He later held several leadership positions at GM Holden Manufacturing Operations. In 2009, he was appointed vice president of Manufacturing and Quality for GM Thailand/ASEAN. Prior to taking on his current position earlier this year, where he has managed the industrial side of the business, Kazem was president and managing director of GM Uzbekistan from 2012. Kazem will succeed Arvind Saxena, who has decided to retire from GM, after leading GM India since early 2014. "I want to thank Arvind, who has helped lay the foundation for the future success of GM India," said Jacoby. "We look forward to a smooth transition to ensure the continued execution of our business transformation."|
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV