Kawasaki India launches the KX450F and KLX450R at Rs 7.97 lakh and Rs 8.49 lakh respectively
Kawasaki India has introduced two new off-road motorcycles in the market, following the launch of the entry level KLX110. The Japanese manufacturer has launched the Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R to expand its off-road motorcycle portfolio in India. The KX450F is priced at Rs 7.97 lakh and the KLX450R will set you back by 8.49 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Like the KLX110, Kawasaki India has brought the KX450F and the KLX450R in India via the CBU route.
The Kawasaki KX450F is powered by a 450cc, fuel injected engine that's mated to a five-speed gearbox. Kawasaki says that the KX450F is the lightest motorcycle in its segment and it has managed to do achieve this by reducing the weight of the engine and chassis. The kerb weight of the motorcycle is 108kg.
The bike has a 49mm Showa separate function forks upfront and Uni-Track monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 270mm petal disc at the front and 240mm petal disc at the rear. The Kawasaki KX450F also gets launch control.
The Kawasaki KLX450R is also powered by a 449cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, carbureted single cylinder engine. It gets a five-speed gearbox. The KLX450R gets a, AOS type 48mm, fully adjustable front fork and adjustable Unit-Track monoshock at the rear. The petal disc upfront measures 250mm while at the rear is a 240mm unit. The kerb weight stands at 126kg, which is heavier than the KX450F.
Speaking about the introduction of the new off-road motorcycles, Yutaka Yamashita, managing director, Kawasaki India said " The culture and passion for off road motorcycle need be developed in India. Right now it is a niche market and we are happy to contribute in this segment by introducing KX450F, which was awarded as world's best motocrosser in 2016."
The Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R are not road legal and hence they cannot be registered.
Starts Rs 7,79,000
Starts Rs 8,49,000
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019