Kawasaki India launches the KX450F and KLX450R at Rs 7.97 lakh and Rs 8.49 lakh respectively
Kawasaki India has introduced two new off-road motorcycles in the market, following the launch of the entry level KLX110. The Japanese manufacturer has launched the Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R to expand its off-road motorcycle portfolio in India. The KX450F is priced at Rs 7.97 lakh and the KLX450R will set you back by 8.49 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Like the KLX110, Kawasaki India has brought the KX450F and the KLX450R in India via the CBU route.
The Kawasaki KX450F is powered by a 450cc, fuel injected engine that's mated to a five-speed gearbox. Kawasaki says that the KX450F is the lightest motorcycle in its segment and it has managed to do achieve this by reducing the weight of the engine and chassis. The kerb weight of the motorcycle is 108kg.
The bike has a 49mm Showa separate function forks upfront and Uni-Track monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 270mm petal disc at the front and 240mm petal disc at the rear. The Kawasaki KX450F also gets launch control.
The Kawasaki KLX450R is also powered by a 449cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, carbureted single cylinder engine. It gets a five-speed gearbox. The KLX450R gets a, AOS type 48mm, fully adjustable front fork and adjustable Unit-Track monoshock at the rear. The petal disc upfront measures 250mm while at the rear is a 240mm unit. The kerb weight stands at 126kg, which is heavier than the KX450F.
Speaking about the introduction of the new off-road motorcycles, Yutaka Yamashita, managing director, Kawasaki India said " The culture and passion for off road motorcycle need be developed in India. Right now it is a niche market and we are happy to contribute in this segment by introducing KX450F, which was awarded as world's best motocrosser in 2016."
The Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R are not road legal and hence they cannot be registered.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show