Kawasaki India launches the KX450F and KLX450R at Rs 7.97 lakh and Rs 8.49 lakh respectively
Kawasaki India has introduced two new off-road motorcycles in the market, following the launch of the entry level KLX110. The Japanese manufacturer has launched the Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R to expand its off-road motorcycle portfolio in India. The KX450F is priced at Rs 7.97 lakh and the KLX450R will set you back by 8.49 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Like the KLX110, Kawasaki India has brought the KX450F and the KLX450R in India via the CBU route.
The Kawasaki KX450F is powered by a 450cc, fuel injected engine that's mated to a five-speed gearbox. Kawasaki says that the KX450F is the lightest motorcycle in its segment and it has managed to do achieve this by reducing the weight of the engine and chassis. The kerb weight of the motorcycle is 108kg.
The bike has a 49mm Showa separate function forks upfront and Uni-Track monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 270mm petal disc at the front and 240mm petal disc at the rear. The Kawasaki KX450F also gets launch control.
The Kawasaki KLX450R is also powered by a 449cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, carbureted single cylinder engine. It gets a five-speed gearbox. The KLX450R gets a, AOS type 48mm, fully adjustable front fork and adjustable Unit-Track monoshock at the rear. The petal disc upfront measures 250mm while at the rear is a 240mm unit. The kerb weight stands at 126kg, which is heavier than the KX450F.
Speaking about the introduction of the new off-road motorcycles, Yutaka Yamashita, managing director, Kawasaki India said " The culture and passion for off road motorcycle need be developed in India. Right now it is a niche market and we are happy to contribute in this segment by introducing KX450F, which was awarded as world's best motocrosser in 2016."
The Kawasaki KX450F and KLX450R are not road legal and hence they cannot be registered.
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions