Kawasaki India to open 10 new dealerships in the country
Kawasaki India has announced that it will open 10 new motorcycle dealerships in the country. Operating under the India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) banner, the Japanese motorcycle maker has already opened 12 dealerships in major cities of India since the beginning of 2017. The 10 new Kawasaki dealerships will take this number to 22. These new dealerships will be located in Kolhapur, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Kolkata, Dehradun, Bhubaneshwar, Ludhiana and Cuncolim (Goa). While some of these dealerships will open shortly, Kawasaki India stated that all the new dealerships will be 'soft launched' soon, so that customers can visit them and book a motorcycle without waiting for the dealership to open. After-sales service will only begin once the dealerships are fully operational. Kawasaki India has recently launched new colour options for the Ninja 1000 and the Z900, and had launched multiple refresh models earlier this year.
Kawasaki recently launched the Metallic Spark Black edition of the Z900 naked motorcycle in India
New developments at Kawasaki India have been rapid ever since the Japanese bike maker and Indian manufacturer Bajaj Auto ended ties in April 2017. Bajaj, meanwhile, has now found another international partner in UK-based Triumph Motorcycles recently and the two have announced joint development of mid-capacity motorcycles. Bajaj and Kawasaki had been in a sales and service partnership in India since 2009, and Bajaj Pro-biking outlets used to sell Kawasaki motorcycles until the tie-up ended in April. Kawasaki India assembles the Ninja 300, Ninja 650 and the Z250 at its production facility in Chakan, Maharashtra, where the Ninja 1000 is also assembled after import in SKD form.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty