Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S teased on official website in India
Kawasaki India is gearing up to launch the Vulcan 650 S in the country. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has started the teaser campaign on its Indian website. The Kawasaki Vulcan 650S is a cruiser motorcycle that shares its powertrain with that of the Kawasaki Ninja 650. The 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 649cc parallel twin motor makes 61PS at 7500 rpm and generates 62.78 Nm of torque at 6600 rpm. These performance numbers are lower than that of the Kawasaki Ninja 650, which we believe, is suit the cruiser dynamics of the Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S.
The Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S sold in the international markets come with an three-way adjustment position of the footpegs and handlebar to suit the heights of the rider. Additionally, it comes with a 7-way adjustable rear spring preload that allows suspension to be set softer for cruising or stiffer for a sportier ride. Kawasaki claims that the sportbike-derived chassis and suspension on the Vulcan 650 S provides light and responsive handling for easy maneuvering and a sportier ride. Also, the Kawasaki Vulcan will be available with a host of accessory options that include a special windshield, Kawasaki emblems and others.
The Kawasaki 650 will lock horns with the Harley Davidson 650 and also the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. We expect Kawasaki to price the Vulcan S below Rs 7 lakh in India, as that can help position it aggressively against the mentioned rivals. Let us know your expectation from the Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S in terms of pricing.
Starts Rs 5,49,000
Starts Rs 2,50,000
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019