Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S teased on official website in India
Kawasaki India is gearing up to launch the Vulcan 650 S in the country. The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer has started the teaser campaign on its Indian website. The Kawasaki Vulcan 650S is a cruiser motorcycle that shares its powertrain with that of the Kawasaki Ninja 650. The 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 649cc parallel twin motor makes 61PS at 7500 rpm and generates 62.78 Nm of torque at 6600 rpm. These performance numbers are lower than that of the Kawasaki Ninja 650, which we believe, is suit the cruiser dynamics of the Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S.
The Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S sold in the international markets come with an three-way adjustment position of the footpegs and handlebar to suit the heights of the rider. Additionally, it comes with a 7-way adjustable rear spring preload that allows suspension to be set softer for cruising or stiffer for a sportier ride. Kawasaki claims that the sportbike-derived chassis and suspension on the Vulcan 650 S provides light and responsive handling for easy maneuvering and a sportier ride. Also, the Kawasaki Vulcan will be available with a host of accessory options that include a special windshield, Kawasaki emblems and others.
The Kawasaki 650 will lock horns with the Harley Davidson 650 and also the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. We expect Kawasaki to price the Vulcan S below Rs 7 lakh in India, as that can help position it aggressively against the mentioned rivals. Let us know your expectation from the Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S in terms of pricing.
Starts Rs 5,44,000
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance