Kawasaki Vulcan S launched in India at Rs 5.44 lakh
India Kawasaki Motors has launched the new Vulcan S cruiser at Rs 5.44 lakh (ex-showroom)
Kawasaki's first cruiser in India, the Vulcan S is powered by a 650cc, liquid-cooled, parallel twin engine that develops 63PS at 7,500rpm and 64Nm at 6,500rpm. The motor is mated to a six- speed gearbox.
Kawasaki says the fuel injected motor is tuned to deliver smooth performance in the low and mid range, suiting the requirements of a cruiser.
The Kawasaki Vulcan S looks like a sporty cruiser, given the low slung profile, alloy wheels and off-set monoshock. The most notable feature of motorcycle is Ergo Fit, which allows the rider to adjust the, handle, footpegs and seat for an optimal riding position. Kawasaki say the Vulcan S will be suitable for all riders, including newbies as well as women motorcyclists.
Braking duties are handled by a 300mm disc at the front and a 250mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard.
Speaking at the launch,Yutaka Yamashita, managing director of India Kawasaki Motor, said "After our sports bikes, tourer bikes, naked bikes and off-road bikes settled in India, we felt it was a right time for us to bring this cruiser in the market. There cannot be a better way to start a new year 2018 by introduction of our world-wide known Vulcan brand."
Bookings for the Vulcan S have opened across all Kawasaki showrooms in India. For those waiting to see the bike, Kawasaki will display the Vulcan S at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 5,44,000
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh