Kawasaki Vulcan S launched in India at Rs 5.44 lakh
India Kawasaki Motors has launched the new Vulcan S cruiser at Rs 5.44 lakh (ex-showroom)
Kawasaki's first cruiser in India, the Vulcan S is powered by a 650cc, liquid-cooled, parallel twin engine that develops 63PS at 7,500rpm and 64Nm at 6,500rpm. The motor is mated to a six- speed gearbox.
Kawasaki says the fuel injected motor is tuned to deliver smooth performance in the low and mid range, suiting the requirements of a cruiser.
The Kawasaki Vulcan S looks like a sporty cruiser, given the low slung profile, alloy wheels and off-set monoshock. The most notable feature of motorcycle is Ergo Fit, which allows the rider to adjust the, handle, footpegs and seat for an optimal riding position. Kawasaki say the Vulcan S will be suitable for all riders, including newbies as well as women motorcyclists.
Braking duties are handled by a 300mm disc at the front and a 250mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard.
Speaking at the launch,Yutaka Yamashita, managing director of India Kawasaki Motor, said "After our sports bikes, tourer bikes, naked bikes and off-road bikes settled in India, we felt it was a right time for us to bring this cruiser in the market. There cannot be a better way to start a new year 2018 by introduction of our world-wide known Vulcan brand."
Bookings for the Vulcan S have opened across all Kawasaki showrooms in India. For those waiting to see the bike, Kawasaki will display the Vulcan S at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 5,48,400
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block