Kawasaki Vulcan S launched in India at Rs 5.44 lakh
India Kawasaki Motors has launched the new Vulcan S cruiser at Rs 5.44 lakh (ex-showroom)
Kawasaki's first cruiser in India, the Vulcan S is powered by a 650cc, liquid-cooled, parallel twin engine that develops 63PS at 7,500rpm and 64Nm at 6,500rpm. The motor is mated to a six- speed gearbox.
Kawasaki says the fuel injected motor is tuned to deliver smooth performance in the low and mid range, suiting the requirements of a cruiser.
The Kawasaki Vulcan S looks like a sporty cruiser, given the low slung profile, alloy wheels and off-set monoshock. The most notable feature of motorcycle is Ergo Fit, which allows the rider to adjust the, handle, footpegs and seat for an optimal riding position. Kawasaki say the Vulcan S will be suitable for all riders, including newbies as well as women motorcyclists.
Braking duties are handled by a 300mm disc at the front and a 250mm disc at the rear. ABS is standard.
Speaking at the launch,Yutaka Yamashita, managing director of India Kawasaki Motor, said "After our sports bikes, tourer bikes, naked bikes and off-road bikes settled in India, we felt it was a right time for us to bring this cruiser in the market. There cannot be a better way to start a new year 2018 by introduction of our world-wide known Vulcan brand."
Bookings for the Vulcan S have opened across all Kawasaki showrooms in India. For those waiting to see the bike, Kawasaki will display the Vulcan S at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 5,48,400
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900