Kawasaki working on a Z400, expect India pricing to be around Rs 4 lakh
Kawasaki is said be working on a Z400 naked motorcycle that will be based on the Ninja 400, states Visor Down. This information comes from the fact that Kawasaki has filled emissions documents with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) that mentions of two 400cc bikes based on the same platform. One of the bikes is a Ninja 400 and the other one is labelled as ER400DK. The ER tag is generally applied on naked offerings by Kawasaki. For example, the Z300 is also referred as the ER300BG internally by Kawasaki. G and the K are normally a reference to the model years. Also, Kawasaki
The Kawasaki Z400 might take its styling inspiration from larger Z bikes like the Z650 and the Z900.
The Kawasaki Ninja 400 comes with a 399cc parallel twin motor that produces 49S / 38Nm, a significant upgrade from the Ninja 300. Kawasaki claims that this motor offers improved low-end torque while retaining a smooth throttle response. Kawasaki has added an assist and slip clutch that's 20 per cent lighter to pull. We believe that the upcoming Kawasaki Z400 will share its mechanical with the Ninja 400. Additionally,the Kawasaki Z400 too might come equipped with 310mm front disc brake (the same disc size used on the Ninja ZX-14R) with Nissin calipers and ABS. The Kawasaki Ninja 400 has a kerb weight of 168kg which in case of the Z400 should be around 160kg, with the lesser body work. Also, the Kawasaki Z400 might take its styling inspiration from larger Z bikes like the Z650, Z900 and also the Z1000.
We believe that the upcoming Kawasaki Z400 will share its mechanical with the Ninja 400
We await an official confirmation from Kawasaki India to know if the Z400 will ever be launched here. However, looking at the popularity of this segment, we believe Kawasaki will definitely launch it here. The Kawasaki Ninja 400 is priced at Rs 4.69 lakh, ex-showroom and is locally assembled in India. We believe Kawasaki India will offer the Z400 at an ex-showroom price of Rs 4 lakh. Even though it will be a premium offering, the Kawasaki Z400 will compete with the likes of the BMW G 310 R, KTM 390 Duke and TNT 300. Hopefully, we can gets a first glimpse of the Kawasaki Z400 at one of the international motor shows scheduled to take place at the end of this year.
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000