Kerala floods: Maruti Suzuki employees donate Rs 1.82 crore towards flood relief
Maruti Suzuki has announced that its employees have collected Rs 1.82 crore towards flood relief and recovery efforts in the aftermath of the unprecedented floods in Kerala. The cheque was handed over by R S Kalsi, senior executive director, Marketing and Sales and T Hashimoto, executive director, Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki to the Minister for Industries and Commerce, Sports and Youth Affairs, E. P. Jayarajan.
The floods had caused extensive damage to life and property over the past month. Maruti Suzuki says that the donation is aimed at providing relief and rehabilitation for the affected people, and for reconstruction of areas damaged by the floods.
The Rs 1.82 crore that was donated is in addition to the Rs 2 crore that Maruti Suzuki had donated previously to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF).
The company has also launched a special drive to support customers whose Maruti Suzuki car has been damaged in the floods. There are special teams that have been set up to coordinate, monitor and provide 24x7 support to customers at over 180 dealer workshops in Kerala. In addition, additional spare parts have been despatched to meet the expected demand.
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India