Kia Ceed shooting brake to launch by end 2018, followed by crossover in 2019
Kia Motors has already upped the game by launching a five-door hatchback and an estate version of their popular offering, the Ceed. Most importantly (and not a typo) Kia has also dropped the apostrophe from Ceed model name. And now the company plans to churn our sportier versions in the form of a shooting brake that is expected to launch by the end of this year followed by a crossover based on the Ceed that might arrive in 2018.
The Kia Proceed concept from the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show shows an elegant hot-hatch form extended to become the next step in the Ceed family,
These two new versions of the Kia Ceed will be positioned in the existing gap left by the three-door variant. The company had already showcased the concept version, the Kia Proceed Shooting brake at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. Being a concept car, the Kia Proceed showcased some of the future technology and innovations that the Korean company is researching on. These include the glowing window trim that outlines the window shape, an array of scents that can provide fragrance to the user's liking, and The windows have no B-pillars, with only a shark fin-style element to further accentuate this.
Kia Proceed concept car's shooting brake design could show the direction of future cars from the Korean carmaker.
Moving on to the upcoming Kia Ceed based crossover, it is being said that the design will be based on the current station wagon except that the crossover will have a taller stance. This new crossover should be positioned between the long gap of Stonic and the Sportage. Additionally, the new gen Kia Sportage that is expected to arrive by 2022 will also grow in dimensions, which we believe will help Kia position the Ceed crossover in an aggressive manner against its rivals and also to avoid a clash with the Sportage.
Coming to India-centric plans, Kia had confirmed that it is developing India-centric products as well and these will also show up in time in India. The sub-4m SUV, for instance, is a new car for Kia - it doesn't extend in its current range. Schreyer indicated that SUVs-aside, the demand Kia is seeing in India is for sedans because they look big and spacious. The company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the government of Andhra Pradesh to build its facility in Anantapur district.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased