Kia Ceed shooting brake to launch by end 2018, followed by crossover in 2019
Kia Motors has already upped the game by launching a five-door hatchback and an estate version of their popular offering, the Ceed. Most importantly (and not a typo) Kia has also dropped the apostrophe from Ceed model name. And now the company plans to churn our sportier versions in the form of a shooting brake that is expected to launch by the end of this year followed by a crossover based on the Ceed that might arrive in 2018.
The Kia Proceed concept from the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show shows an elegant hot-hatch form extended to become the next step in the Ceed family,
These two new versions of the Kia Ceed will be positioned in the existing gap left by the three-door variant. The company had already showcased the concept version, the Kia Proceed Shooting brake at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. Being a concept car, the Kia Proceed showcased some of the future technology and innovations that the Korean company is researching on. These include the glowing window trim that outlines the window shape, an array of scents that can provide fragrance to the user's liking, and The windows have no B-pillars, with only a shark fin-style element to further accentuate this.
Kia Proceed concept car's shooting brake design could show the direction of future cars from the Korean carmaker.
Moving on to the upcoming Kia Ceed based crossover, it is being said that the design will be based on the current station wagon except that the crossover will have a taller stance. This new crossover should be positioned between the long gap of Stonic and the Sportage. Additionally, the new gen Kia Sportage that is expected to arrive by 2022 will also grow in dimensions, which we believe will help Kia position the Ceed crossover in an aggressive manner against its rivals and also to avoid a clash with the Sportage.
Coming to India-centric plans, Kia had confirmed that it is developing India-centric products as well and these will also show up in time in India. The sub-4m SUV, for instance, is a new car for Kia - it doesn't extend in its current range. Schreyer indicated that SUVs-aside, the demand Kia is seeing in India is for sedans because they look big and spacious. The company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the government of Andhra Pradesh to build its facility in Anantapur district.
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior