Kia Motors India appoints Manohar Bhat as head of marketing and sales, Yong S Kim as executive director
Kia Motors India (KMI) seems to be rolling ahead with its India operations plans, as it has announced the appointment of two more senior executives. Effective immediately, Manohar Bhat has been appointed as the head of marketing and sales for Kia Motors India, while Yong S Kim has been posted as executive director. In a statement, Kia Motors mentioned that the Bhat and Kim will part of the core senior management team at KMI and will be instrumental in setting up the India operations for marketing and sales. Earlier this month, Kia India had announced Kookhyun Shim as the new MD and CEO. Bhat will be responsible for marketing, sales and aftersales service operations, and will also work towards building brand Kia as a household name in India.
Bhat has previously headed various marketing and sales functions nationally with major Indian automakers and has 25 years of experience in the automotive industry, Kia Motors stated. In his new role, Kim will be responsible for overseeing the sales function, mid-to-long term strategic plans of KMI, and coordination with Kia Motors Corporation head office in South Korea. He has an experience of 30 years in the industry. Kia is slated to make its India foray soon and we have spoken to their chief design officer Peter Schreyer who says an SUV is what the Indian market could expect from Kia Motors.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept