Kia Motors India appoints Manohar Bhat as head of marketing and sales, Yong S Kim as executive director
Kia Motors India (KMI) seems to be rolling ahead with its India operations plans, as it has announced the appointment of two more senior executives. Effective immediately, Manohar Bhat has been appointed as the head of marketing and sales for Kia Motors India, while Yong S Kim has been posted as executive director. In a statement, Kia Motors mentioned that the Bhat and Kim will part of the core senior management team at KMI and will be instrumental in setting up the India operations for marketing and sales. Earlier this month, Kia India had announced Kookhyun Shim as the new MD and CEO. Bhat will be responsible for marketing, sales and aftersales service operations, and will also work towards building brand Kia as a household name in India.
Bhat has previously headed various marketing and sales functions nationally with major Indian automakers and has 25 years of experience in the automotive industry, Kia Motors stated. In his new role, Kim will be responsible for overseeing the sales function, mid-to-long term strategic plans of KMI, and coordination with Kia Motors Corporation head office in South Korea. He has an experience of 30 years in the industry. Kia is slated to make its India foray soon and we have spoken to their chief design officer Peter Schreyer who says an SUV is what the Indian market could expect from Kia Motors.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India