Kia Seltos EV to be launched later this year in international markets
A leaked internal document from Kia shows that the popular Kia Seltos SUV's electric version is set to debut in the second half of this year in the Chinese market. The fact that Kia is working on an electric version of the Seltos was known before this, but the launch timeline was not known until now.
The electric Seltos could come with the same battery and electric motor setup as seen on the Hyundai Kona EV. Like with the Kona EV, the Indian market could get the smaller of the two battery packs which is a 39.2kWh unit, if the Seltos is launched here EV. This is a lithium-ion polymer battery pack and powers a 136PS permanent magnet synchronous electric motor. This allows for a 0-100kmph time of 9.7s. The torque output is identical to the larger battery's 395Nm. The larger battery pack, available also on cars like the Kia Soul EV, is a 64kWh battery pack which puts out 204PS.
We also expect slightly different styling with the Seltos EV, the face could see the regular car's grille be replaced by something a bit more ornamental while more efficient alloys could also be added, aside from certain exterior highlights to denote its eco-credentials. We also think prices could be at a slight premium to that of the Kona EV.
Source: Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
- News2020 Mahindra Thar revealed in India: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Mahindra Thar India unveil, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- Review2020 Kia Carnival road test review
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19: Club-on-wheels: the Party Bus
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks