Kia Tusker (SP2i) compact SUV spotted in Mumbai, India - launch expected in June
The Hyundai Creta equivalent compact from Kia Motors - The Sp2i, which is expected to be named the Tusker was spotted in Mumbai, India. It is the second instance when the compact SUV was spotted on test in the city of Mumbai. Although the test mule was heavily camouflaged the Tusker appeared to be a production-ready compact SUV which therefore let us in believing that the launch of the Kia Tusker is sooner than expected.
As mentioned earlier, the Tusker is close to the compact SUV proportions which are above 4m in length and can seat five. The test mule also sported 17-inch alloy wheels and disc-brake setup on all four ends.
Unlike the Hyundai Creta, the SP2i will not get a blacked out A-pillar and hence the Tusker could miss out on floating on styling. The Tusker also sports aluminium roof-rails, shark fin antenna and a roof spoiler. Interestingly, the compact SUV reveals a duck-tail spoiler on the tail-gate.
Powering the Tusker could be a choice of petrol and diesel motors, however, we believe, the Tusker could get a new BSVi compliant 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine - that is expected to make its way in the next-generation Hyundai Creta as well. The turbocharged petrol engine is expected with an optional dual-clutch transmission. For the diesel buyers, the Tusker could come equipped with the 1.6-litre diesel engine seen in the Hyundai Creta - with BSVI compliancy.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad's GS model is now 40 years old, 1.2 million units sold till date
- NewsJawa India celebrates 18th International Jawa Day
- NewsIndian-owned 1933 Minerva Type AL wins first place at global Concours Virtual 2020
- News2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 22.3 lakh
- NewsAll you need to know: The 2021 Ford Bronco
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block