Kia Tusker (SP2i) compact SUV spotted in Mumbai, India - launch expected in June
The Hyundai Creta equivalent compact from Kia Motors - The Sp2i, which is expected to be named the Tusker was spotted in Mumbai, India. It is the second instance when the compact SUV was spotted on test in the city of Mumbai. Although the test mule was heavily camouflaged the Tusker appeared to be a production-ready compact SUV which therefore let us in believing that the launch of the Kia Tusker is sooner than expected.
As mentioned earlier, the Tusker is close to the compact SUV proportions which are above 4m in length and can seat five. The test mule also sported 17-inch alloy wheels and disc-brake setup on all four ends.
Unlike the Hyundai Creta, the SP2i will not get a blacked out A-pillar and hence the Tusker could miss out on floating on styling. The Tusker also sports aluminium roof-rails, shark fin antenna and a roof spoiler. Interestingly, the compact SUV reveals a duck-tail spoiler on the tail-gate.
Powering the Tusker could be a choice of petrol and diesel motors, however, we believe, the Tusker could get a new BSVi compliant 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine - that is expected to make its way in the next-generation Hyundai Creta as well. The turbocharged petrol engine is expected with an optional dual-clutch transmission. For the diesel buyers, the Tusker could come equipped with the 1.6-litre diesel engine seen in the Hyundai Creta - with BSVI compliancy.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India