Kinetic Green's e-rickshaw to provide last mile connectivity for MahaMetro in Nagpur
Kinetic Green and MahaMetro Nagpur have signed a memorandum of understanding to provide a fleet of 20 three-wheeler electric rickshaws, for the last mile connectivity. The e-rickshaw, that is called 'Kinetic Safar', can be booked via a smartphone application and can be paid for using digital payment methods. Passengers can avail the services for Rs 10 at Khapri, New Airport, Airport South, Airport Jaiprakash Nagar, Sitabardi Subhash Nagar and Lokmanya Nagar Metro Station.
Speaking about the association with Kinetic Green, Brijesh Dixit, MD MahaMetro, said, "We are excited to partner with Kinetic Green to provide e-rickshaws to our commuters in Nagpur. At MahaMetro we always have a sensitive approach towards the environment, therefore, our Rail Projects are one of the greenest projects in India with up to 65 per cent energy to come from solar panels."
While confirming this association, Sulajja Firodia Motwani, Founder and CEO, Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions Ltd. said, "We are extremely happy to partner with MahaMetro to provide an environment friendly yet a cost-effective mode of last mile transport to their passengers. With this MoU, we will be offering affordable rides at Rs 10 per ride to commuters of MahaMetro and I think this will also contribute to the increasing popularity of metro services. With this MoU we will be starting with a pilot batch of 20 vehicles and then eventually, we will ramp to 15 vehicles per station. Kinetic Green has been providing a similar fleet operation for last mile connectivity at Kochi Metro successfully and we are confident that the citizens of Nagpur will be pleased with this service."
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!