Kinetic Group confirms MV Agusta coming to India
A release from the Kinetic Group confirms that they will be bringing the famed MV Agusta marque to India within this year. Kinetic has signed an agreement with the high end Italian manufacturer and will be bringing a range of their motorcycles to India.
Details are not concrete but Kinetic says they will be launching some or all of the MV Agusta range in India within the next two to three years. The first launch is slated for November 2015 and is likely to be one of the lower priced motorcycles, perhaps from the Brutale or F3 range. The current international MV portfolio consists of the Brutale, Rivale, Turismo Veloce, F3 and the top of the range F4 superbike. These motorcycles use inline 3 and inline-4 cylinder engines that produce anything from 110PS to over 200PS depending on the model.
Ajinkya Firodia, MD - Kinetic World with the MV 800
Kinetic already has a team of people working on homologation and other processes to get the bikes ready for sale in India. The company intends to sell these motorcycles through a dealership network that will be set up in the top Indian cities.
The bikes will be brought into India via the CBU and SKD route. Prices will range from a tentative Rs 12-33 lakh. We expect individual models to be priced higher than their Ducati and Triumph competition as MV Agusta has traditionally positioned itself as a highly premium brand.
Ajinkya Firodia, managing director, Kinetic World, said "We are really excited to be bringing these extraordinary machines to India, for riders who demand the utmost performance from their bikes. MV Agusta sportsbikes and superbikes are packed with high-end technology and race-derived electronics, which come together to offer an unbeatable blend of power, performance and handling. The styling and the sheer riding dynamics of these machines underline MV Agusta's tagline this indeed, is 'Motorcycling Art' as never seen before in our country."
Starts Rs 15,59,000
Starts Rs 50,34,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic