Kinetic Group confirms MV Agusta coming to India
A release from the Kinetic Group confirms that they will be bringing the famed MV Agusta marque to India within this year. Kinetic has signed an agreement with the high end Italian manufacturer and will be bringing a range of their motorcycles to India.
Details are not concrete but Kinetic says they will be launching some or all of the MV Agusta range in India within the next two to three years. The first launch is slated for November 2015 and is likely to be one of the lower priced motorcycles, perhaps from the Brutale or F3 range. The current international MV portfolio consists of the Brutale, Rivale, Turismo Veloce, F3 and the top of the range F4 superbike. These motorcycles use inline 3 and inline-4 cylinder engines that produce anything from 110PS to over 200PS depending on the model.
Ajinkya Firodia, MD - Kinetic World with the MV 800
Kinetic already has a team of people working on homologation and other processes to get the bikes ready for sale in India. The company intends to sell these motorcycles through a dealership network that will be set up in the top Indian cities.
The bikes will be brought into India via the CBU and SKD route. Prices will range from a tentative Rs 12-33 lakh. We expect individual models to be priced higher than their Ducati and Triumph competition as MV Agusta has traditionally positioned itself as a highly premium brand.
Ajinkya Firodia, managing director, Kinetic World, said "We are really excited to be bringing these extraordinary machines to India, for riders who demand the utmost performance from their bikes. MV Agusta sportsbikes and superbikes are packed with high-end technology and race-derived electronics, which come together to offer an unbeatable blend of power, performance and handling. The styling and the sheer riding dynamics of these machines underline MV Agusta's tagline this indeed, is 'Motorcycling Art' as never seen before in our country."
Starts Rs 15,59,000
Starts Rs 25,99,000
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't