Kishie Singh wins IRF Media Road Safety Award
Veteran journalist and columnist H Kishie Singh was recently awarded the IRF Media Road Safety Award 2017. Chandigarh-based Kishie has been writing an automotive column for The Tribune since the 1990s, and this might well be the longest-running uninterrupted automotive column in India.
Kishie, who is a highly experienced driver, often writes about road safety and provides practical tips to his large following of loyal readers. Kishie himself has made a couple of overland journeys from Canada to India. Apart from his vast experience, he is known for his sharp wit too. He has crossed the "Kyhber Pass" thrice in a vehicle- something that is near impossible for any Indian to do now.
The IRF Media Road Safety Award was given to Kishie for contributing substantially to the cause of road safety. Kishie says, "Road safety in India is a cause of big concern. I have been striving to do something about it and this award is a big encouragement. I request everyone to please drive safely."
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India