Kolkata Police add Harley-Davidson Street 750 to their fleet
The red Royal Enfield Bullets that were synonymous with the Kolkata Police could soon give way to the more modern Harley-Davidson Street 750 motorcycles. Police in the West Bengal capital have acquired five such motorcycles for their fleet and used them for the first time during the recent Independence Day procession on August 15. This is the second state to do so after Gujarat, which had added Harley-Davidson motorcycles to its police fleet in 2015.
The Harley-Davidson Street 750 has been customised to the needs of the police. It has a new paint black job with chequered stickers, with the Kolkata Police logo on the mini fairing, above the headlamp. A beefy leg guard houses sirens on either side of the engine as well as red and blue beacons.
There is also a mount for a walkie-talkie on the handlebar now, for easy communication with the police control room. The customised motorcycle will now only allow one passenger as the pillion seat has a white cowl on it. At the back are solid plastic saddlebags with safety messages.
The police have already begun using these motorcycles. Officials have said that the motorcycles will serve as escort vehicles for VIPs as well as participate in special ceremonies. The move is a part of modernisation of the police equipment and infrastructure there. Mechanically, the Street 750s remain standard and are priced at Rs 5.14 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Image source: News18.com
Starts Rs 5,25,000
Starts Rs 1,16,476
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP