KTM 250 Duke and RC 250 unveiled in Japan
KTM has unveiled its 250 Duke and RC 250 at the ongoing Tokyo Motorcycle Show. KTM will be selling this motorcycles in the Japanese market for approximately Rs 2.88 lakh and Rs 3.25 lakh, respectively, according to the press release on their website.
The engine in the KTM 250 Duke as well as the RC 250 is a downsized unit from the 390s. It makes 31.3PS of power and 24Nm of torque and comes with a slipper clutch as standard. Helping it put down power on the road is the same 6-speed gearbox but with expected altered gear ratios. ABS is also standard on both the bikes. The engine weighs in at just 39.2kg, making it one of the lightest in its class. Similar to other KTM motorcycles in the Indian market that are light in weight, the RC 250 and 250 Duke weigh in at just 147 and 139kg respectively.
Both the motorcycles use the same steel trellis frame, WP suspension at the front and monoshock at the rear as the 200s and 390s. There is no word yet on whether these motorcycles will be on sale in India but we believe they may go the 125 way, given that the Dukes and RCs here straddle the price and performance point that their competitors operate in.
Starts Rs 1,77,638
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally