KTM 390 Adventure spotted for the first time in India
The elusive KTM 390 Adventure has finally been spotted on Indian roads. Spy shots show a heavily camouflaged test mule parked alongside other bikes. The spied motorcycle has MH-14 temporary registration plates - KTM India's plant is located in Chakan. KTM India had announced the launch of the KTM 390 Adventure in the country in 2019 earlier this year, but the motorcycle was not shown at the 2018 EICMA as we had expected. The presence of this test mule is a sign of progress for those eagerly awaiting this motorcycle. With the new images, however, we see a change in the form of alloy wheels, where the test mules spotted earlier outside India only had spoked rims. Since these are test vehicles, it is possible that the company may choose to go with either. It is also possible that the more off-road oriented spoked rims may be added as a powerpart option. It is still likely that the KTM 790 Duke will arrive in India first.
As with earlier spy shots, we spotted a new fairing around what looks like the same LED headlight unit as the KTM 390 Adventure. While the bars might be wider and mounted taller, it also looks like the handguards, mirrors, switches and the colour screen from the 390 Duke will find a home on the 390 Adventure as well. The suspension appears to have slightly more travel and the placement of the forks suggest a slightly longer wheelbase and slightly slower steering, more stable motorcycle.
The tyres are 80-20 on-off road pattern tubed units, most likely Metezeler Tourance tyres with a 17-inch rear wheel matched to a 19-inch front. This configuration suggests that the pricing will be close to but higher than the KTM 390 Duke. The engine, of course, is the same 43.5PS 373cc single-cylinder from the KTM 390 Duke.
We don't believe KTM will make major updates to this ride-by-wire engine and we expect to see the final drive (front and rear sprockets) to be adjusted to the role of the motorcycle. If KTM is very serious about the off-road ability of the 390 Adventure, it might choose to lower the gearing selection for the first and second gears.
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip