KTM 390 Dukes and RC motorcycles get slipper clutch in India
The rumours floating around on the interweb are true. KTM will introduce slipper clutch to the new batch of 390 Dukes and RC motorcycles in India. The motorcycles are expected to be in the showrooms in about a month's time and prices will remain unchanged. Prices of the unit have not yet been revealed but we are lead to believe that it should cost around Rs 4-5,000. KTM says that the clutch can technically be retrofitted to existing 390 Dukes and RCs as well although it hasn't been done at this stage.
Slipper clutches essentially prevent the rear wheel from locking up during aggressive downshifts. This helps keep the motorcycle stable while entering corners at high speed or while downshifting hard during emergency braking. Slipper clutches are especially helpful with motorcycles that have lots of engine braking and it makes sense to put it in the KTM motorcycles.
The KTMs are one of the most affordable performance oriented machines in the country today. At the prices the 390 series of KTMs are sold at in India they will probably be among the most affordable motorcycles in the world to come with slipper clutches as standard fitment.
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept