KTM 790 Duke India launch next month - expected price Rs 7.5 lakh
Recently, KTM India updated its current line up with antilock braking system. Now, KTM is gearing up to launch the 790 Duke in India next month. The street naked motorcycle is expected to break cover in the first week of April and could be priced between Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 8 lakh ex-showroom.
The upcoming KTM 790 Duke will be a CKD motorcycle and 100 units of the bike have already landed at the company's Akurdi plant for research and development and service training purposes. The engine components and cycle parts of the bike will be imported while the other parts such as the headlamp, levers etc will be sourced from local manufacturers.
The chassis uses the engine as a stressed member and the bike gets 43mm WP upside-down fork in the front and a WP mono-shock absorber at the rear. The bike gets twin disc setup in the front with 300mm disc with radially mounted four-piston callipers. For the rear wheel, the bike gets a 240mm disc with a single-piston floating calliper. The bike is equipped with ABS which has a supermoto mode and can be switched off completely.
Powering the middleweight 790 Duke is the newly developed 799cc LC8 liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine 104PS and 87Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a six-speed gearbox with a two-way quick shifter.
Also see: 2019 KTM 790 Duke | First Look
Starts Rs 8,08,000
Starts Rs 7,99,000
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed