KTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
KTM has been testing a new version of its popular supersport offering, the RC390. And if the spied shots are to be believed, the new-gen KTM RC390 is believed to be bigger than the present model. The KTM 390 Duke that was updated two years ago received a host of updates which includes a KTM 1290 SuperDuke like design, TFT instrument cluster, ride-by-wire tech. Whereas the KTM RC390 only received a ride-by-wire, belly pan and new paint schemes. However, this will change with the new-gen KTM RC390.
As seen from the images, the updated RC 390 gets a revised body work that looks larger than the present. The fuel tank also looks bigger which means an improved riding range. Also, one can see a one-piece clear screen that will offer better wind protection. It also neatly hides the new headlight design and also the TFT screen that is believed to be shared with the 390 Duke. It is said that all these changes will make the new-gen RC 390 suitable for taller riders as well. The prototype motorcycle that was caught testing also has a different trellis subframe compared to the present model.
The new-gen KTM RC390 will lock horns with the new Yamaha R3 and also the Kawasaki Ninja 400. We believe KTM will announce details and showcase the production ready motorcycle in mid 2019, wherein the India launch can be expected to take place in early 2020.
Starts Rs 4,69,000
Starts Rs 2,48,931
- NewsVolkswagen Nivus Subcompact Crossover teased, to be launched in Brazil in 2020
- NewsOur motorsport editor Vaishali Dinakaran wins second consecutive Peugeot Motorsport Cup awarded by the Guild of Motoring Writers
- NewsNissan to continue selling Datsun cars in India, South Africa and Pakistan
- NewsInjured Oriol Mena to sit out Dakar 2020 for Hero MotoSports, replaced by Sebastian Buhler
- News2020 Kia Carnival MPV: What to expect?